Spectral Geoscience provide independent consulting services specialising in the mineral characterisation of hyperspectral VNIR-SWIR* and TIR** data for the exploration, mining, oil and gas industries. Field, core shack and office based infrared data collection, mineral interpretation and reporting services are available. The work can be carried out at a client’s site, alternatively the client can send the infrared data to Spectral Geoscience in Sydney for analysis, interpretation and reporting.
– Sampling media include field samples, drill cores and chips.
– Instruments for data acquisition include hand-held infrared spectrometers (e.g. TerraSpec4, Halo and oreXpress) and the HyLogger automated core logging systems.
Applications of the mineral results include: characterisation of the regolith, alteration, host rock, (non-sulphide) ore and gangue mineralogy, identify compositional gradients and alteration zonation, highlight formation conditions (pH and temperature), identify distal and proximal alteration signatures, establish vectors to mineralisation, determine in-situ versus transported regolith, flag geotechnical risks such as swelling clays and identify deleterious (penalty) minerals in metallurgical processing.
Add value to your investment in drilling.
* VNIR = visible to near infrared; SWIR = shortwave infrared;
** TIR = thermal infrared
Spectral Geoscience provide international sales, support and training of the CSIRO-developed TSG software.
Spectral Geoscience provides onsite and online training for:
1. Introduction to infrared mineral spectroscopy
2. Workflow methods and operational use of handheld infrared spectrometers for efficient hyperspectral core logging and field mapping.
3. How to use TSG to maximise the mineralogical information from your spectra, integrate with ancillary data and generate mineralogical products (maps and logs).
Contact us today to find out more.
TSG is used by companies around the world including: