EEHCpectral Geoscience’s goal as an independent consultancy is to add value to your rocks! We achieve that aim by extracting qualitative and quantitative mineral information from hyperspectral data collected from your drill core, chips and surface samples.
The results add value in terms of providing objective and consistent mineral information to compliment conventional core logging and field mapping, improve confidence in resources models and provide input to geometallurgical flowsheet planning.
We specialise in the mineral characterisation of hyperspectral VNIR-SWIR* and TIR** data for the exploration, mining, oil and gas industries.
Our services can include: data collection in the field, core shack or office; mineral interpretation and reporting services. The work can be carried out at a client’s site or alternatively the client can send the infrared data to Spectral Geoscience (in Sydney, NSW, Australia) for analysis, interpretation and reporting.
Instruments for data acquisition include hand-held infrared spectrometers (e.g. TerraSpec4, Halo and oreXpress) and the HyLogger automated hyperspectral core logging systems.
Applications where mineral identification results and mineral parameter indices add value include:
- Characterisation of the regolith, alteration, host rock, (non-sulphide) ore and gangue mineralogy,
- Identification of compositional gradients and alteration zonation,
- Highlighting formation conditions (e.g. pH and temperature),
- Identify distal and proximal alteration signatures,
- Establish vectors to mineralisation,
- Determine in-situ versus transported regolith,
- Flag geotechnical risks such as swelling clays and
- Identify deleterious (penalty) minerals in metallurgical processing.
Add value to your investment in drilling.
* VNIR = visible to near infrared; SWIR = shortwave infrared;
** TIR = thermal infrared
Spectral Geoscience provide international sales, support and training of the CSIRO-developed TSG software.
Spectral Geoscience provides onsite and online customer-focussed training, tailored to meet the objectives of the client and can include:
1. Introduction to infrared mineral spectroscopy.
2. Workflow methods and operational use of handheld infrared spectrometers for efficient hyperspectral core logging and field mapping.
3. How to navigate and use TSG to:
– Extract the mineral characterisation information from your spectra using automated and more sophisticated tools (scalars, PCA, PLS).
– Integrate results with imported ancillary data (e.g. geochemistry and lithology) and
– Generate mineralogical products (graphs, charts, maps and logs as jpgs, GIF etc) for reporting purposes and/or exported categorical and numerical results in a database-ready csv file format.
Contact us today to find out more.
TSG is used by companies around the world including: