The Spectral Geologist (TSG™)
The industry standard tool for the mineralogical interpretation of VIS/NIR/SWIR/TIR reflectance spectra
TSG digitally transforms geological samples into mineralogical information products.
TSGTM is the market-leading, industry standard software program for the interactive analysis, visualisation and mineralogical interpretation of VIS/NIR/SWIR/TIR reflectance spectra.
Qualitative and quantitative mineral results generated in TSG improve geologists’ efficiency, productivity and knowledge-base, leading to actionable insights and informed decision-making.
TSG works directly with hyperspectral data collected from drill core, chips and field samples acquired by:
- Hand-held infrared spectrometers (e.g. Malvern Panalytical ASD’s TerraSpec® and Halo, Spectral Evolution’s oreXpress and the ARCoptix infrared spectrometers.
- HyLogger systems, the CSIRO-developed automated imaging and hyperspectral core logging systems, located in each Australian Geological Survey, commercially available for international deployment through Corescan Pty Ltd.
Developed by geologists, for geologists. TSG supports multi-disciplinary geoscientific endeavours across the exploration-mining chain.T
TSG is developed by, and marketed under license from, the Commonwealth Scientific Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO). Spectral Geoscience is a CSIRO authorised sales affiliate of TSG. New timed licensing and pricing options provide flexible options for TSG users to manage the timed access according to project and company needs, removing the upfront costs of software ownership. TSG subscribers receive the latest TSG software updates as they are released.
TSG™ Licence Period and Pricing
|$AUD ex GST (2019)|
Flexible, cost effective time block licensing
- Choose a time block licence period from 24 hours to 3 years.
- Upgrades released during your purchased time block are automatically installed when internet access is available to check for updates.
- No annual maintenance costs. No dongles.
Download, install and explore The Spectral Geologist (TSG) version 8 for FREE
- TSG software performs as a FREE Viewer until a time block licence is purchased.
- TSG reverts to the FREE Viewer after a time block licence expires.
- Subsequent TSG time block licences can be purchased.
- Contact us for a FREE demonstration dataset in TSG 8 format.
International sales, support and training for TSG™.
How To Proceed
- Download the free TSG Base licence here.
- Install TSG.
- Open TSG. Under TSG’s Help->Licence menu; activate the licence, then click ‘Purchase time’.
- Your web browser will open on TSG’s online store, purchase the time-block licence to meet your needs.
- After the purchase, click Refresh back in TSG’s licence dialog.
TSG’s new licensing system works with an online licence server. Licenses are available 24 hours a day and purchases are made online by Visa or Mastercard. You can have TSG installed and licensed in a few minutes.
We provide onsite and online training for:
1. Introduction to infrared mineral spectroscopy
2. Workflow methods and operational use of handheld infrared spectrometers for efficient hyperspectral core logging and field mapping.
3. How to use TSG to maximise the mineralogical information from your spectra, integrate with ancillary data and generate mineralogical products (maps and logs).
TSG is used by companies around the world including:
More about TSG™
Identifying the mineralogy in drill core, chips, soils and grab samples is a primary objective for successful mineral exploration, mine planning and development, geometallurgical flow sheet design and environmental-remediation practices. TSG supports geoscientists at each step in the exploration-mining value chain by providing rapid characterisation results of infrared-active mineralogy to generate actionable insights. Complimentary datasets such as assays, lithology logs and down-hole geophysical results, can be imported to evaluate the spatial relationships with the spectro-mineralogical results generated in TSG. TSG can process thousands of spectra on-the-fly and rapidly generate mineral information critical for the characterisation of the regolith, host rock and alteration associated with ore deposits. TSG is designed for the interactive analysis and visualisation of infrared spectra, mineralogical results, associated imagery and ancillary data. Users are provided with several analysis options for extracting mineral information from infrared spectra. These range from a first-pass automated interpretation using built-in algorithms to more sophisticated scalar-based tools for the experienced user.
TSG Version 8 contains:
- Algorithms for the automated interpretation of spectra (TSA+ for the SWIR and jCLST for the TIR).
- Improved spectral libraries.
- Enhancements to take full advantage of VNIR-SWIR+TIR data collected with HyLogger hyperspectral core logging systems.
Results generated from TSG can include:
- Mineral identification
- Relative abundance
- Compositional changes within a mineral group (e.g. Al-Fe/Mg in white micas and Fe-Mg in chlorites).
Products generated can include:
- Down-hole, depth-registered logs of mineralogy and associated attributes (alpha and numeric formats).
- Scatter plots and histograms saved as JPG, PNG, EMF and TIF.
- CSV files exported for easy integration with third party software. Down-sampling optional (e.g. 2m composites).
- HyLogger imagery export of automatically configured and labelled core trays and mosaics of core trays per drill hole.
TSG is a 64-bit Windows based software program
TSG version 8 replaces all earlier versions (e.g. TSG Pro, Core, HotCore and Enterprise) and bundles the previously seperated functionality into one powerful package, TSG 8. There is now only one ‘TSG’ and the free ‘ TSG Viewer’.
TSG 8 is not backward compatible
TSG is a trademark of the Commonwealth Scientific Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO).